Foods and herbs can help to improve blood flow and reduce inflammation.
- Citrus fruits and berries like oranges, cherries, blackberries and blueberries, rosehips contain vitamin C and bioflavonoids that help to strengthen the vein walls and also help to reduce swelling
- Turmeric is useful for varicose veins as it has anti-inflammatory properties and also helps to prevent blood platelet pooling.
- Ginger, garlic and onions also help in blood flow.
- Arjuna, Manjishtha and Gotu kola are ayurvedic herbs that help in blood circulation and strenghthen vein walls.
- Pilex is a herbal formulation of various ayurvedic herbs that promotes vascular health.
More information on Pilex