Almost everyone suffers from hemorrhoids at one point or the other. For most people this happens between ages 20 and 50. Hemorrhoids are the most common cause of bleeding and are not generally dangerous - however a diagnosis from your doctor is essential. Anal bleeding and pain should be evaluated as they could be symptoms of more serious conditions.
Hemorrhoids are basically varicose veins of the rectum. These veins are located in the lowest area of the rectum and anus and when they swell, the vein walls become thin and irritated by bowel movements. When these swollen veins itch, hurt and bleed, they are known are hemorrhoids or piles.
Hemorrhoids can be internal or external. Internal hemorrhoids are too far inside to be seen or felt and their presence can usually only be detected by the bleeding. However internal hemorrhoids can sometimes enlarge and bulge outside the anal sphincter. Such prolapsed hemorrhoids may be seen as moist pink pads of skin that are pinker than the surrounding area. These hemorrhoids can hurt but they usually go back into the rectum on their own or can be gently pushed back into place.
External hemorrhoids form within the anus and are generally painful. If an external hemorrhoid prolapses to the outside usually during a bowel movement, it can be seen and felt. Sometimes blood clots can form within a prolapsed external hemorrhoid causing it to turn blue and bleed. This condition is called thrombosis.
Natural remedies for Hemorrhoids:
1. Incorporate a high fiber diet consisting of vegetables, fruits, nuts and whole grains.
2. Reduce sodium intake as excessive salt causes fluid retention and consequently swelling in veins
3. Drink plenty of water.
4. If your work involves sitting for long periods of time, try to get up once every hour and move around for 5 minutes. A doughnut-shaped cushion will make sitting more comfortable.
5. Resist the temptation to scratch. Try using a cold pack and herbal anti-itch cream.
6. Don't sit on the toilet for more than 5 minutes at a time and wipe gently. Dampen toilet paper or use cotton balls or alcohol free baby wipes.
7. Try yoga exercises. You can also lie on a slant board with your head down for 15 minutes every day. Yoga encourages blood flow away from hemorrhoids.
Pilex from the renowned Himalaya Herbals company is a pure herbal, ayurvedic formulation that stops the pain, itching, burning and bleeding associated with hemorrhoids. Pilex reduces the engorgement and turgidity of the veins and venous capillaries and hastens the healing process in the anorectal region.
Pilex Ointment with its local analgesic action, relieves pain and the soothing action facilitates smooth evacuation of faeces